|Type (holiday house or apartment):||Holiday home|
|The Gîte "Lou Sourel" is situated in the mid-mountain range of the Cévennes (600 m) at :|
- 1 h 30 from Montpellier,
- 1 h 15 from Nîmes,
- 50 mn from Alès,
- 35 mn from Anduze (Gard) and from Florac (Lozère)
- 20 mn from Saint Jean du Gard
The hamlet of "Saint-Roman-de-Tousque"(about 100 permanent residents) is part of the Commune of "Moissac-Vallée-Française"(about 300 inhabitants) wich extends as far on the lower end of the "Vallée Française".
Our Commune is situated exactly at the beginning of the National Park of the Cévennes.
Near to the gîte
Pleasure ground (Children's playground, bowls, tennis)
Restaurant "La Patache"
Swimming in the river
Walking and horseriding (many waymarked routes in the vicinity)
In the region (within 50 kms / 30 miles)
Canooing and kayaking (Gorges du Tarn, Gorges de l'Hérault)
Steam train (Saint Jean du Gard)
Bamboo forest at Anduze
Caves and pot-holing
Cévennes National Park
Shop and Services :
A Saint-Roman itself :
- Itinerant Butcher
- Itinerant fishmonger
- Restaurant "Auberge La Patache" (04 66 44 73 76)
At Sainte Croix Vallée Française (6 km)
- Tourisme information point
- Post Office
- Bakery (good country bread and leavened bread)
- Greengrocers (and tabacconist)
- Restaurant "L'Oultre" (04 66 44 70 29)
- Bar / Restaurant "La Baraka"
- Bar "Le Globe"
At Saint-Jean-du-Gard (17 km)
- Tourist Office
- Cash Dispensers (2 banks)
- Savings bank and Credit Agricole
- Doctors (Doctor Kuhm 04 66 85 17 52)
- 2 chemists
- 3 bakeries (our favorite is "Vigouroux")
- Bookshop & Newspapers
(including foreign newspapers)
- Supermarket (Super U)
- 2 fruit and vegetable shops
- 1 wine shop "Caves de Saint-Jean"
- Hardware store "bordarier"
- Dry cleaners
- Post Office
- Big market on Tuesday mornings
- Open air municipal swimming pool and tennis courts
|City:||Moissac Vallée Française|
|Next to:||Anduze (30 km)|
|Situation map and route planning:|
|Winter sports:||80 km|
|Horse riding:||15 km|
|Public transport connection|
|Train station:||50 km|
|Bus stop:||17 km|
|Max. number of people:||6|
|Total number of rooms:||3|
|Number of bedrooms:||2|
|Number of bathrooms/shower rooms:||1|
|Number of beds:||2 double beds, 2 single beds|
|Living space in m2:||75|
|Price range:||GBP 36 to 72 per day|
|Price details:||January - March 295 € (253 GBP) a week|
April - June 395 € (339 GBP) a week
July - August 590 € (507 GBP) a week
September 395 € (339 GBP) a week
October - Dec. 295 € (253 GBP) a week
When the cost of heating is not included (weekly charge in low and middle season), a charge of :
- 11 € a day (77 euros a week) will be made for the "Petit Sourel"
Wood for the stove is provided for free
Extra wood : 12 €
Under sheets, sheets, pillow-cases, and blankets are included in the rent.
There is a tax ("tourist tax") levied by the village of 0,50 € per person, per day
Those renting the gite can choose not to be responsible for cleaning the gîte before they leave.
In this case they need to pay an extra
- 50 € to cover the cost of cleaning the gîte "Petit Sourel"
Washing machine : you may use it twice a week for free, then 3 €
Dryer : you may use it for free for one hour during the week, then 3 € / hour
Animals (mentioned in the contract) : 2,50 € per day
Arrival : The stay begins at 16 h. on the day indicated in the contract
Please let us know if you wish to arrive later
Leaving : The gîte needs to be vacated by 10h. on the day indicated on the contract
|Minimal rental duration:||2 nights|